Club Mulgoa

Saturday, April 09, 2011

AUQ

AUQ was spun off from SRK which I used to own shares in, at 25c in 2007. No, I didn't participate in the IPO. I got a teeny weeny in-specie distribution that will cost me almost more to sell off. When it started announcing good finding in its new tenement, I bought into it at about 13c in Sept 2010. The Arabs don't only get oil from Allah, they are also endowed with minerals. There is copper in Oman.

The word took a long time to reach other investors. It is now worth 40c a share.

The stocks I bought in Aug to Oct 2010 are some of my best performing stocks with many rising over 100%. About that time, I switched from emailing to blogging. My emails were probably like spams so it is 'kinder' to post them and leave them to be read voluntarily than cluttering up people's inboxes. Glad that not many readers read my blog and certainly less act on my tips! Otherwise, I have to compete with my readers. And if stocks don't perform as envisaged, at least I don't have to put up with spouses who are upset at the losses! Strange that I never have to put up with spouses' disappointment when partners missed out on the big rises. E.g ELM up > 600% since Aug 2010 and will be expected to go up much further if my assessment is correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home