Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

POG and gold miners

When the stock markets slide because of sentiment, my portfolio is very badly affected. I am a high risk investor therefore I expect my stocks to yoyo more than others.

Based on fundamental issues, I see the market as increasing in value, especially gold and O&G stocks. If a gold miner is producing, and the POG is still >USD$1500 per oz, why would the market capitalization fall? Similarly O&G price is high relatively, yet...

I sold off a stock yesterday because my intimate accountant dislikes its treatment of dividends. It is confusing and difficult even for an accountant. While AIX is expected to do well in the near short term, I decided to get rid of it... to invest in resource stocks. I usually wait for more definite sign of a trough before re-entering the market. Another plunge in Wall Street would be "welcomed" by me. On rising days, I feel good with the increased in valuation. On many down days, I feel excited with the opportunities arising... a lot more idiotic sellers are present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home