Club Mulgoa

Friday, March 23, 2012

Canning Basin

The WA government is allowing fracking without referral to the environmental body at the Perth Basin. I don't know if this is for sure. But it has caused a rise in the share price of shale gas/oil explorers with tenements there.

Presumably, based on the same notion, both BRU and OBL has jumped (exploring in Canning Basin near Broome). Neither were profitable for me. But now the newly re-bought BRU has jumped 30% in under a month and OBL has doubled since I bought it. OBL has been steadily falling since I bought the first parcel. Virtually, each subsequent parcel was cheaper to buy so I must have had a lot of faith in this stock. Now it is rising and rising. So my intuition has been correct :-)

Nice to feel smart. But shale gas has an unpredictable future. USA is now an exporter of gas and China has more shale gas than the USA but not fully explored yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home