Club Mulgoa

Friday, March 09, 2012

POG and AUD, and POO

The US markets are still opened. So far the DJI is up over 20 points, the AUD is down below USD$1.06 and the POG has gone over USD$1712 per oz. Meanwhile the Greek debt issue is postponed for a bit longer. This is the best combination for my stocks on Monday.

POO is up too so that will be good for my O&G stocks. In spite of news of excessive shale gas production in the USA and China starting to explore its own shale gas, the shale gas stocks in Australia are starting to be recognized. I had a few stocks in this sector which once performed well on hype and then during the GFC, they almost vaporized. OBL is now a paper profit, along with ICN (which doubled once!). Of course, I still have losses... NDO, OEL, VIL, PSA and ROC are the worst but these are not Australian shale gas companies. However, when they get a good hit... I hope... it might reverse their fortunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home