Club Mulgoa

Friday, March 02, 2012

Stock performance

Why one stock races away while another stays decrepit? Much depends on sentiment and... who wants the stock. A stock can be great but no one (with a deep pocket) wants it so the share price just crumbles.

I have PIROA which has been galloping away. I first traded in PIR. I sold off (for a very nice profit) after a bad JORC announcement but when I found directors were buying its shares, I bought back into the stock via the options. And I topped up more when the market disregarded this stock.

With the pace of rising, this is now one of my biggest holdings. My suspicion is a bigger gold stock is stalking it and... accumulating. Soon, there will be a takeover announcement, I anticipate.

Meanwhile, ABU has been ignored, relative to its good announcements. SBL has been dumped by the management! BSR has been languishing. CHN isn't doing too well because its gold is in 'funny' places. RMS didn't live up with market expectation. CGX has never done well in spite of improvement in output. KCN has good mining practice and good management yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home