Club Mulgoa

Monday, April 30, 2012

BPT

I can't tell whether it is top up to 5.9% or whether this AM, there is a new "significant" shareholder with 5.9% but it appears to be the latter.  This is not a small holding anymore because BPT has become a big company.  USB has bought it on behalf of a client.  Is this a prelude to a take over?  There will be a few postings in Hotcopper, I am sure.

What I don't understand is why the market has been so blaze about BPT's recent announcements, which to an ignorant geologist like me, are superb.  Maybe someone with a deep pocket is reading my blog!  As usual, when someone wants a big chunk of a stock, suddenly others want it too.  Hence, I expect BPT share price to go up today.  But the sentiment is down because of Spain.  The US economy hasn't been doing that well but stocks on Wall Street and Nasdaq are making bigger profits than expected.  That probably explains why the DJ has been climbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home