Club Mulgoa

Friday, August 17, 2012

Banks and miners

Because banks and miners are my main components, I had a good day at the stock market.  But on the horizon, things are not that rosy.  AUD will remain high so return on overseas investments by Aussie companies will not do well.   And economies in Europe, Japan, Indian, China and the USA are not making good progress.

I don't trade in bank shares.  Nor do I participate in DRP due to complicated capital gains tax calculation in future.  But what I have, I hold.

You wonder why suddenly some investors are prepared to pay so much more for their stocks today.  Some leaping over 10%.  I rarely buy on days like this.

Some of the good news are BPT and STO have started producing gas from their shale gas deposit, STO making a bigger profit than expected, WES getting a nod and ANZ upping its profit by 10%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home