Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ABU

Has one of my readers got a deep pocket?  My portfolio should be crumbling today because of the massive write-down of PCL share price.  Instead, ABU has jumped by 0.5c at close and this matters a lot as I have picked up a lot of this stock.  It is my usual adage: buy what people dump when there is good news after good news after good news.

For those who don't know, Abu is a common Muslim name but it also has a dearer meaning for me.  "Abu" is how I address my mother in the Hokkien dialect.  My brother bought his ABU shares because he liked the name.  And topped up recently when it fell to 3.7c.  My last parcel was bought in May 2012 at 3.9c. My most expensive parcel was in Nov 2011 at 7.3c  :-(

Another announcement should be out soon.  Judging from the steep rise today, you can put your money on inside information or someone with lots of money who has been reading my blog.  ABU is probably my most frequently quoted stock.  It used to be GIR...    Some of my colleagues took ages before they saw the light.  And most are happy that they bought into GIR.  The other stock is CDU.  And that has been rising and rising with more and more good news :-)

PCL is not dead yet but there are plenty of short term shareholders who want a quick buck.  No oil so they dumped their holdings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home