Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Recent purchases...

I haven't been active lately because I find it hard to work out the logic.  The markets in the USA and Japan are doing well.  The economy seems to be improving.  And China hasn't been as bad.  Yet commodity prices continue to fall and POG, too.  I get the feeling that the floor has been reached for gold.

Both SLR and NST top-ups haven't been doing well.  POG continued to fall and no one is interested in the fortunes of NST... ie, its coal discovery in the Pilbara.  SLR was for me a big disappointment but it was being honest.  When it gave its cash cost per oz of Au produced, you suddenly notice how low the profit is!

But AQO has suddenly risen.  The financial editor of The Australian gave it the thumbs up recently but the market was totally uninterested so.... I topped up and it is doing very well.

The other recent top-up was RRS.  Good news but it got thrashed by investors.  I haven't been about to get my full quota at 2.5c but I did get a small parcel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home