Club Mulgoa

Friday, February 14, 2014

Investment strategy

This year, I have the privilege of collecting the Senior Citizen Card but only based on age criteria.  The possibility makes me ponder about my investment strategy, going forward.  This consideration is prompted by the recent plunge in speculative shares.  As one ages, the risk must be balanced against stability of one's superannuation.  Luckily, I have only very rarely sold off any of our blue chip stocks for fear of events like the recent clobbering of small resource stocks.  Like any small businesses, majority are not viable, and you rely on a small number of them to generate the huge gains to compensate.

While I will still invest in risky shares, there is now a need to put the money into investments with more secure returns without the roller coaster rides.  Most of my superannuation income currently is derived from 3 major banks, WES, ASX and SYD.  Miners generate only meager dividends.  Cash is producing pathetic interest earning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home