Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

AVB ALK and NST

Copper is in trouble because the Chinese economy is not going gangbuster.  The Chinese government is also cutting down on credit.  And copper has been used for hedging in China too but the citizens.  So when things are down, people often dump whatever that they thought was going to be more valuable... quickly.

However, that is a short term problem.  AVB found more copper and the share price went down.  Then it moved up a bit and I missed out on topping up because I put in an even lower bid.  However, I left the bid standing and when the share price came down lower, I get a small parcel.

I like buying when people are dumping WITH good announcements.

I have also picked up a small parcel in ALK which has started to produce gold from NSW.  This was done efficiently on budget and on schedule, which is rare these days.  Meanwhile, the POG has gone up a bit since the start of the year, too.

The outstanding performer for me was NST.  It picked up discarded producing mines from the big boys, when the POG was very low!  The management is fantastic!  The last SPP was only a month ago at 88c and now it is trading at over $1.20.  Of course, you would expect the SPP to be scaled down because many of its shareholders knew it was going to be profitable.  I got 2/3 of what I requested for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home