Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A3D

Do I know anything about 3D printing?  Nope...

Warren Buffett said that he never invest in anything he does not understand.  So he stayed away from dot.com companies during that boom.  Consequently he looked like he was passe when it comes to 'smart investing'.  However, when the dot.com era went bust, he came out looking extremely smart.

So am I being dumb buying into a 3D printing company that makes metal 3D printers cheaper than others?  And it is Australian so that makes it even more incredible.  The head is an Iranian refugee!  My faith is based on my adage that if he is an Iranian and he was a refugee, then he must be brilliant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Didn't do much for a while but it is starting to rise now.

Perhaps I shouldn't invest in this stock because Warren Buffett said that unlike you understand the business, do buy into it. He is absolutely correct but his advice is aimed at investors buying into the MANAGEMENT. The small investors can only buy a few shares and cannot influence the board other than by exercising their right to vote. However, my parcels are so small that the big boys can easily elbow out my voting.

Well, all I can say is this stock is supposed to be producing cheaper 3D printers than GE... and that is rare for an Aussie company!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home