Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

SYD

This is repetitious.  My late father went to school for only 2 years but he is a fast learner.  His adage is buy shares with stable reliable dividends.  This suggests profitability.  And if the  returns exceed interest on cash deposit, why not buy shares instead?

I add one other important feature.  If the equity has a monopoly or near monopoly, SANCTIONED by the government, then it is worth investing in.  The best time to buy is when people are selling although in the long term, it is less important to pick the time to buy.

I don't know why people sell out of ASX or SYD.  Today, I topped up my holdings in SYD at $7.01

There is always the Big Four Banks... and I am waiting for short term bad news for CBA to top up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Yesterday, there was a good announcement. More Chinese tourists are coming to Australia. What happens to the share price? It fell!!! Which idiots would sell into good news?

I put in a low bid hoping to buy some of those idiots' shares. Unfortunately, they were not stupid enough this time around. Today the share price went up more than the rest of the market.

Hence, I lost out on a opportunistic top-up but I gain with the jump in the value of my SYD shares.

For the next 10 years, SYD holds the monopoly to flights using Sydney Airport... and its dividends are better than interest from bank deposits. Its profit reports have been consistently good. Good to listen to my father's advice. Hence, whenever the share price falls, I try to collect more from absolute idiots!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home