Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

HotCopper lack of interest in my tech (online/software) stocks

Nothing much said about JIN, HUB, APT, Z1P, WTC, NWL, NXT or XRO in HotCopper.  Is this a good sign that speculators/gamblers are not keen on tech stocks?

Yet, looking at mining and financial stocks, in term of relative of trend, I am very glad that I have diverged into tech stocks.  It is not common to get bad reports but I have had a couple of non-performers which can drag the overall performance down.

Some of these stocks are possibly over-rated but how does one measure 'over-ratedness' especially when the volume of business is rising very fast (but no profit is shown yet)?  Amazon is biggest in market capitalization but has yet to show a profit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

About 12 months ago, I decided that based on what I have read that I need to get out of resource stocks. I had too many companies on my two portfolios. China is winding down. And those stocks are not performing.

Banks were not an option either for obvious reason but no super funds would dump them either.

Hence, I switched to tech stocks. I have got rid of some but most are performing much better than the banks. And they have lifted the overall performing of my portfolios. I was truly bewildered that some have market capitalization of over 1 billion dollars and yet I have never known of them until my interest was aroused. Even more incredible is the lack of stock broker research on these tech stocks!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Financially, that is one of my best decisions.

Not all tech stocks have done well. Most bad ones have been jettisoned and most of the remaining have been performing well. In fact, if it is not for tech stocks, my overall performance would have been pathetic!

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home