Club Mulgoa

Saturday, April 06, 2019

SYD and ASX against APT

I accumulated SYD a long time ago and it has provided me with very nice unfranked dividends, being an airport monopoly (for another 9 years).  It appeared unassailable by other stocks, and is still my most valuable equity as a single entity in our super fund.

However, not far behind because of its galloping valuation, APT will soon be expected to leapfrog over SYD.  Our other portfolio has another monopoly as the most valuable stock.  ASX has been accumulated over many years.  It too will be overtaken by APT before long.

And it won't be long before the tech stocks that I have switched into, will soon dominate our portfolios as the old blue chips either stagnate, wither or crawl on.  However, until the tech stocks start to pay (out of profit), I am still holding onto income producing shares... as we near retirement age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home