Club Mulgoa

Monday, November 15, 2010

MGY and GLF

I bought (2.8c) and sold (4.2c) within10 days in the middle of this year to make a quick buck because there was no additional news to account for the rapid rise. But the price continued to go up! In fact, it went over 20c. Why? Someone knew about the next announcement.

But it has fallen back from the plateau and in spite of anticipated good news from new discoveries, the price has hovered around 10c. So today, you will notice just 2 trades for the whole day... I bought both those parcels just before the close of trade. Anyone interested in Madagascar? No, not the movie....

Now, another stock that explores in Madagascar is GLF (recently). I attended a talk by the CEO and liked what he presented (vermiculite in Uganda) but it fell and fell and fell. After buying at 4.2c a year ago, I was just about to top up my GLF but today it jumped up. Someone, with a deep pocket (>$400,000 traded today), must be thinking like me. Well GLF had a presentation to Minesite and obviously some investors liked its prospect. So my loss on GLF is not that bad anymore! But I wished I bought earlier this AM because I had already planned to top up. It jumped from 2.5c to 3.6c. Ouch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home