Club Mulgoa

Monday, November 01, 2010

SIH

If you spent $2000 and your share price went up by 5 times, your absolute gain is $8000. But if you keep topping it up until you have spent a lot more, then even if the share price has 'only' gone up by 2-4 times, your absolute gain could be much more.

That is my investment in SIH. I bought when it was known as ORP. My biggest chunk was during an unpopular share purchase plan, worth only 2.5c in the middle of 2009. I bought the maximum because all announcements have been good but the market and its own shareholders mostly ignored it. From mid 2007 till today, it has not produced any gold but my paper gain is nearly $50,000. My most recent buys were at 16c and 17c within the last two months, each after good announcement and again people are not interested in it. I am very glad about market indifference... until someone writes about it or the company presented itself at a seminar (in Hong Kong recently).

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/announcementFiles/2010%5CSIH%5Cc8472a99-b844-4b50-8344-e7605ce06bb9-SIH512694.pdf

Just look at how much cheaper SIH is compared to its peers along the Sumatran Fault line where gold has been found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home