Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The new "West Africa" - Mongolia

I don't know if anyone bought shares in Mongolian stocks.

First VOR, it has flown the coop. Perhaps you are too late. Gone over 100% in 1 month. I have already topped up once.

Now AKM. Another Mongolian stock bought nearly 20% of its shares. Who is this company? It has Robert Friedland's mark all over it. He owns Ivanhoe that discovered the huge copper mine in Mongolia and got RIO in (and now he has trouble with RIO!). So when Ivanhoe (a Canadian company) which owns that Mongolian stock that put in a lot of money into AKM was publicized, AKM went from strenth to strength. Now I have nearly 100% gain in under 1 month. Again I have to thank Robin Bromby for bringing this company to my attention. I paid under $2 for my copy of The Australian but his article is actually free on the Internet.

GMM has hardly moved since I bought. Is anyone listening?

While HUN has gone up only 10%.

These are the companies that I will top up, mostly GMM because it is in my super fund. The other one is in Cilla's portfolio which I manage, too but has less access to $$$$ :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Shakeyone said...

Always listening but mostly lurking.

Have picked up GMM and HUN as well as buying back my sold ABU at .034.

Had a chuckle to myself today at WM. He's up to his usual hype with magnificent Au announcement for CDU. Here we go again - I'll just watch like a wounded sportsman from the sideline!!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

I still cannot understand why ABU went down after announcement decent grades. Likewise with CRC,where share price is stagnant. Mongolia will be THE mine that China wants.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home