Club Mulgoa

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mines and Money in Hong Kong

http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlenews/article/that-was-the-week-that-was-in-australia-and-hong-kong/80.html?tx_ttnews[pS]=1298574118&cHash=b907181d1f

I am sure I have spoken of BDR before. The quality of its announcements has always been spectacular, yet the share price does not reflect the optimism. My only top up in Jan 2011 was relatively expensive because the share price never went over it for a long time. But it never went very low either. However, with more and more good news, the share price has finally climbed.

I topped up GORO during the nuclear crisis. Price of gold didn't fall yet share prices of gold miners were tumbling. When I picked up more GORO, I thought maybe I should have put a lower bid price. As usual, anything I bought during a nasty crisis is usually rewarding. Retrospectology has no place in investment strategy... unless you learnt from it!

Based on what Our Man In Oz has highlighted, these are the stocks I would be interested in and they all drifted down last week when they should have risen. MNC, KAS, VMS and GXY are worthy considerations. MMX is not because there is a good reason for its fall. DH and I like IMA but this one is a 'slow' tortoise. One day when it starts producing, you will realise that you have missed its boat. The boss of IMA likes to explore and explore and explore... but recently he has taken an interest in PRODUCTION. Best thing is the share price of IMA has fallen to its long trough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home