Club Mulgoa

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Good values stocks in my portfolios

The price of gold is still high... and so in the price of tin and oil (both in record territory). While oil is not at its peak, it is the highest over the last 2 years.

My tin stocks have not done well because their mineral is IN the ground and not yet sold in ingots. But the news of their drilling results are all good. There are MLX, VMS and KAS. To me, these are good value because the price of tin is expected to go even higher.

There is or are some very stupid sellers in BSR. You have got to love them! Meanwhile, I have identified two cheap EV/OzAu entities but neither of them have performed in the last week. There are MAT and VKA.

My oil and gas explorers are all over the place. The USA will soon muscle into Australian gas market as new technology opens up more gas fields onshore. Those in Central Australia are moving up but some explorers elsewhere have different directions. When a big gas resource is uncovered in the middle of Australia, you would start to think that the whole country is floating on a gas cushion!

I didn't expect to get all the AZH SPP shares I applied for at 19c. The current price at 24c will fall as profit takers move in. And I am still waiting to hear how I fare with PWN (Potash West, a potash spin off from IMA) and LTX (Lithex, a tin explorer spin off from STB). In theory, these two should give stag profit but I am there for the long haul. If you don't have priority allocation, don't bother participating. In fact, PWN closed early because it was over-subscribed. And so did AZH.

Anyone with shares in BHP in their retirement or super portfolio would be "stupid" not to take up the buyback for its substantial tax benefit. It closes soon so get a move on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home