Club Mulgoa

Saturday, April 09, 2011

RFE

In 2007 when I first owned shares in RFE, it sounded wonderful. All the hype and all the promises. Then it went pear-shaped during the GFC but suddenly it started to scale up a cliff. I sold it then in June 2009 for a 50% profit but missed the peak. Never regret any profit even if it is not maximal.

Then in Sept 2010, I bought into it again at 45c because of a sharp rise in its reserve but the market ignored that announcement. It never lived up to any of its promises until recently. How can a stock exploring for shale gas not perform? Well, someone heard my thoughts. It is climbing again. And because I sold a huge chunk of AGO, I was able to participate in full for the SPP at 32c.

Those who are in the same shoes as me, make sure you buy as the current share price is over 50c. SPP benefits the small shareholders for a change. But often you won't get as many shares as you applied for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home