Club Mulgoa

Friday, May 13, 2011

VLA

Here is a classical clever Australian story that few in Australia have faith in. It is brilliant unlike energy and effort thrown into sports. Here is something that can cure people, benefiting mankind.

A long time ago, I told some colleagues about VLA. And the potential risk in investing in it. Very often, what I buy falls. Well, it yoyo'd for a while and then crumbled because it takes a long, long time to develop a cure in medicine. The process is long drawn and expensive... and there is no guarantee of success. In fact, failures come faster and more severe.

Biotech stocks only jump if the news for development is good but it only rockets upwards when it is taken over by the big multinationals. VLA will be a sitting duck, waiting to turn into a golden goose.

Those who bought some time ago, had no patience. Those who bought had lost faith. Not me. I topped up a few times at much cheaper prices than when I first bought. My colleague(s) had chickened out after my initial recommendation because the stock went mostly down after that. It is starting to run up now. I bought a large number of 1c options and I even exercised it in June 2010. Total cost is 4c. Hence, I am seeing a very nice profit now. Those who didn't buy with the option rights given to them must be kicking themselves now.

If this pending trial involving human guinea pigs is successful, Australia can look forward to another Nobel Prize for Medicine nomination. That is something to be proud of, not sporting achievement for a particular person. This is for the benefit of mankind; sporting success is for that individual or team. It is sacrilege to say it downunder but Howard Florey is infinitely a greater Aussie who saved so many lives than the minnow Donald Bradman who plays with a wooden stick to hit a ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home