Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Africa... Down Under

http://minesite.com/news/the-africa-down-under-conference-kicks-off-with-a-bang-in-perth

Our Man In Oz has been one of my favourite journalists because there is a subtle analysis content in his articles. When he reviews a stock, he is worth listening to but he is not as prolific like RB or DH. He has made me a lot of profit too. One outstanding stock is GOR which has risen 260% since I bought its options in Sept and Nov 2010 (converted into ordinary shares in Apr 2011) and more in May 2011. It is now in my top 10 stocks in my super fund portfolio. The biggest and still most successful stock is GIR which is now AGO. I sold some AGO as it was making my portfolios very top heavy with just one stock.

If you read the link above, you will find the other stocks (mining in Africa) mentioned have also made me a lot of dough. My gains from PDN are because of its takeover of SMM and the fact that I sold some of PDN a long time ago after the takeover for $8 -$9 a share. The truth is I sold some SMM shares when it boomed to recoup my capital cost so my PDN shares are basically... free.

These are the Australians who should get a ticker tape parade for making our nation wealthy by taking financial risks and being at dangerous frontiers. Instead we are mostly honouring f#&k@ng sportsmen. Great for Cadel to win the Tour de France but the profit is all his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home