Club Mulgoa

Friday, August 12, 2011

Feasting on panicking investors

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/one-mans-feast-as-sharemarket-crashes/story-fn59niix-1226114114307

Thought it was writing about a gasman in Penrith area.

This stockbroker actually moved a bit late. His slow cooked pork belly would have been a little overcooked. The best day was last Monday. I went on a rampage collecting lots of mostly gold producers. Even IAU, an explorer, is up more than 10% now. And CNLO a phosphate explorer in Tunisia is up nearly 20%. I picked up some PCL at 9.3c, now 10.5c.

I was ready to pounce for more but only if there was a greater panic so I missed out on Tuesday. I was running out of cash and had to set my buy prices lower. I just love idiotic sellers. I wonder what logic do they use for selling. Perhaps it is because it is "other people's" money and they are going to be paid handsomely anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger pharoah said...

I did read this thinking they must be talking about you then thought no this guy is cruising rather than pouncing

8:19 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Pity my wife won't let me take more from her cash reserve.... Still, if the market turned the other way around and fell further, I would not have said "Luckily she won't give me any more of her cash!"

It is a fundamental investment principle that you must ALWAYS have cash in reserve especially when "senior citizen" status is not that far away. My wife is ALWAYS right.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home