Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Alpha

Collecting alpha is far more important than matching up market performance. So today, one nearly matched up at 2.4% and the other outperformed at 3.3%.

For a while now, and I have no explanation other than investors recognizing value, TPT (oil & gas) and TRH (potash) have been climbing and climbing. And someone must have realized what a great stock BDR is. Yesterday, I bought at 77.5c (not the trough!) and today it is at 83.5c.

One of the cheapest gold stocks has to be VKA. When I bought it not long ago, it was already amongst the cheapest. And it went down further in price. It isn't a producer and won't be for a while. But it is in West Africa.

http://vikingashanti.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Paydirt-ad-ADU-preview.pdf

I learnt about VKA when I read how cheap it was in another stock's presentation. Today, it had a little spurt but I am still at a loss with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home