Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

LSA

When I first read about this stock, I simply cannot believe the market is ignoring it.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/19609/lachlan-star-delivers-23m-at-605gt-gold-at-toro-deposit-within-cmd-mine-19609.html

The market cap was just over AUD$40 million, before recent placement to raise more capital. It produces 45,000 oz per annum of gold at a cost of around USD$800 per oz. Today it announces a richer gold lode (infill drilling) than previously known, plus more. The total JORC resource is 1.4 million oz. Nothing adds up! That is, you are paying almost nothing for a lot... So naturally you ask why isn't James Packer or Warren Buffett buying?

During the recent share market plunge in early August, I bought this same stock 4 times within 3 weeks. Bet no one followed me! While it is not my current most successful purchase during that period, I would say that it will have to be my most astute investment. Someone wrote and asked me what should he invest in. I said LSA at 70c is ridiculously low but I bet he never touched it either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home