Club Mulgoa

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Takeovers

Just received a nice cheque for HUN. But I would rather HUN continued on its own. It is so promising. It will prove to be a cheap buy for Banpu.

ESG got takeover by STO. It is below what I wanted but it is still a nice profit at 57%, mostly because of shares I bought before GFC in 2007.

I sold BOW yesterday because I didn't want to wait for the cash from Arrow (Shell). I bought mine at 98c (2009) and $1.15 (late 2010). So the profit again was good but it is frustrating that management sold out so easily.

With SBL, again the board sold off the company at too low a price. I am highly suspicious that they receive undisclosed kick-backs but I have no evidence other than to pose the question why did they sell off so cheaply? Hence I have lost money with SBL. The takeover has not occurred yet but when management agrees to a takeover, it is rare that it fails. Bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home