Club Mulgoa

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wretched day at the market

The best thing about an awful day in the market today is... I collected relative alpha! Of course, it is very hard to stay in positive territory when the market is savaged.

I haven't analyzed my portfolios today but I suspect it is because of my holdings in gold producers/miners plus a few good announcements that saved my investments from a worse drubbing.

If tomorrow is another down day, then it will be a great day for me to re-enter the market. I was too busy at work to dabble in the share market. Cash is returning because one stock got swallowed up by management (but it is a loss for me) and GOR's SPP was oversubscribed so money is being returned. Then there is HUN being taken over by Banpu, a Thai company listed in the SGX and I am waiting for the sad cash (I never wanted to sell!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home