Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

PCL

Big oil companies had been farming into PCL's tenements. But why would the share price jump so much in the last month or so? There is no drilling done yet. Just read that Cove, one of PCL's partners offshore in Kenya, is going to be taken over by Shell.

I can't tell you whether you should buy this stock now although if you had bought when I first harped about PCL, you would be a happy camper now. My average was 2.6c and it hit 14.5c today. My last purchase was at 9.3c when the market was tumbling in Aug 2011 but the majority was bought in 2009.

Because of the leap in share price, this is now within the top 12 in my super fund portfolio. When oil is truly found, then it will worth a lot more. Some of my own selections, small explorers or taken over by others, have displaced my 'blue chip' stocks in my top dozen, bought when I was advised by Citibank. In fact, once there was only one (AGO), now there are 5 (AGO, PIROA, AZH, GOR and PCL).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home