Club Mulgoa

Sunday, May 06, 2012

West African miners

I have collected enough West African miners.  The havoc raised by investors' loss of confidence is mind boggling.  Today RB in Pure Speculation laments the drastic falls in share prices of these stocks.  And reminded his readers how progressive these stocks actually are.  I hold AMX, PRU, GRY and AZM.  All down but if I have more cash in hand, I will want to top them up, especially PRU because it is a PRODUCER.

And away from West Africa, a stock like ABU being dumped in spite of a JORC compliant resource of over 3 million oz of gold, with more to be uncovered.... what are investors thinking selling down a good stock like this?  Today, AUD is nearing parity with USD and POG has limped up to over USD1640 per oz.

Short term investments have no logic but in the longer term, basic arithmetic should prevail.  I have hardly any debt for investment, and commitment for major expenses, hence I can sit out the crazy market.  Of course, European, US and Japanese crisis are not over yet.  But gold has not plunged and AUD has remained steady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home