Club Mulgoa

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tullow Oil and PCL

When a big oil explorer and producer like Tullow Oil discovers a billion barrels of oil, its share price moves up a bit.  It represents 'some' of its oil but when a small explorer like PCL hits oil, it represents the 'sum' of its oil.  The share price will increase by folds rather than by percentages.  There has been a lot of optimism at their Kenyan offshore prospect.

Having invested in PCL for such a long time, with multiple top-ups, I am prepared to sit and take whatever comes.  Big JV partners with good track records do not participate unless the prospect looks good, and they do look carefully before parting with their money as drilling in deep water is very expensive.  Just ask WPL...

PCL is currently one of my biggest profit spinners.  Best of all is I did my own research to buy or top-up :-)

Tullow Oil was a result of a takeover of HDR.  Since I have a British bank account, I decided to take up its shares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home