Club Mulgoa

Saturday, September 08, 2012

BDR

I doubt anyone who has been reading my diary here has bought any BDR shares.  I first tapped into it in 2010 at 25c, ie about 2 years ago.  Then it rose and stayed at over 77c for most of 2011.  However, with the start of 2012, it has been dismal and kept falling in spite of the good announcements it has been churning out.  There were excellent and the management has been negotiating with Fe ore producers.  It gave me great opportunities to top up at 67c and 52.5c in March and May 2012.

As I have mentioned before, a company only make real profit when it sells a commodity and BDR was expected to start gold production in the 2nd half of this year.  What is interesting about BDR's deposit is that the gold is banded with Fe.  By selling the Fe bands to a neighbouring Fe ore producer, it is able to cut its cost of gold production.

Hence BDR share price has started to rise in recent months.  This company typifies what I like to invest in.  Multiple good news ignored by investors, good management given scant attention by the market, potentially good impending profit (POG and AUD stable) and best of all, some idiots are dumping their shares.  So at 78.5c now, only 2 small parcels from 2011 are higher in price but I am looking forward to further rise as POG has been trending upwards again and gold production is around the corner :-)

Another thing... the logo for BDR is beautiful... a Toucan

The other stock I like (based on its logo) is NGE, with a lyre bird as its beautiufl emblem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home