Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ELK and HDX

After attending the Proactive Investor Forum, I usually have an idea of what stocks I like.  Most are either 'interesting' or have good prospect.  HDX looks like a good long term investment in spite of the coal industry taking a downturn.  I suspect today's buying were done by people who attended the forum yesterday.

And likewise, with ELK, there must be a few people with a deep pocket who bought into this stock too.  The rest of the stocks that were presented yesterday can wait.  ELK is producing oil in the USA while HDX looks a good safe bet for the next few years.

I sold off CAP, a stock I picked up when GIR floated it.  It used to be a lot more profitable but at least I have not made a loss out of it other than due to inflation.  Iron ore explorers are not the flavour at the moment as China winds down.  There are better producers in the Pilbarra so I am staying away from Fe ore minor miners.

I must be the FOOL of the day as I am buying on a down day... but I am picking up stocks that went up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home