Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

CTP

For along time, CBA is still my top value investment.  It has been extremely rewarding as I bought the bulk when it floated.  I couldn't buy the first tranche because we were paying off our mortgage.

Then State Bank of NSW came into the picture.  When CBA took over that bank, it was another nice paper profit.  And now as CBA rose and as it pays dividend, I have enjoyed a nice safe ride with this bank.

But hot on the heels in valuation of CBA, just the CBA in my super portfolio, is CTP.  It won't be long before it overtakes CBA... provided no disastrous drilling result is announced.  PIROA should have been the biggest but I sold off 30% of it to enjoy a huge cash profit.

For those who have made a lot out of CTP, worth pondering whether to sell some to realise your capital.  But as usual, you have to think whether it will rise further.  A profit is always a profit.  I am not selling unless I bought a parcel just to trade.... or if the share price goes crazy without any good announcement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home