Club Mulgoa

Thursday, October 04, 2012

POG

POG has stucked between USD$1500 to 1900 for some time now.  The last time it raced to over USD$1900 per oz, I knew it was bad news. But at USD$1500, a lot of gold producers in my portfolios are doing fine.  In the meantime, AUD has remained much around parity with the USD.

Hence, overall, gold has been pretty safe from the Topsy-turvy of the market.  And the same applies to oil price, too.  Most of my speculative investments have been in gold and O&G.  But because it is 'speculative', the swings have tremendous.

So in recent weeks, I have picked up small parcels of ABU at 5.9c, RIA at 14c, TPT 30.5c, CDU at $4.80 and $4.605, BRU $2.80, HDX 4.7c, ELK 25c, CGX $2.69, AKM 9.6c, BDR 79.5c.  Where did a lot of the cash come from?  Sold PIROA for a very handsome profit.  Real cash profit :-)  But I could have made a lot more if I had sold later by just a few days  :-)    Still a smiley because I never regret real profit :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home