Club Mulgoa

Friday, May 10, 2013

IPR became NEA

In 2007, I like the look of IPR so I bought some shares.  But what a fool I was!  In spite of great announcements, it continued to fall.  And until 2009, I continued to buy!  The intellectual rights protection is no longer a profitable exercise as foreign courts do not give favourable judgment to IPR.  When the management changed to a different industry, the market thought it was pure madness to challenge Google maps.  And it was mad!

But in the last 6 months, this is one of the most spectacular rises on the ASX.  As usual, if you can generate profit and you have longer term customers, eventually the market will love you.  The lowest was just above 3c and now over 30c within the last 12 months.

I used to look at Nearmap as it has better images than Google Maps but now it is not free; not even for shareholders.

While my resource stocks have tumbled, this is one stock where I can still have a brag!  However, resource stocks are starting to turn....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home