Club Mulgoa

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Buying at the trough

That is a misnomer.  Others get to buy at the trough.  I rarely pick the bottom when buying.  But I have sold at the trough before!

Last week before the market turned up, I put in a bid for ROC at 37.5c.  It has found oil off the East coast of Malaysia.  So why investors are selling ROC?  I have no idea other than because they are lemmings.  I was happy to relieve them of their burden.  However, the market doldrums are not over yet.  Hence, they could be the lemming winners and I would be the dumb buyer!  But when a stock has no reason for fall, that is when I like to top up... especially when it has been churning out good news.

I also topped up on SEH.  It has already found shale gas in China in tcf (trillion cubic feet) quantity.  This is only the beginning of the history of shale gas in China.  The same story in the USA will be repeated in China.  So currently, I am not buying any more share gas explorer in Australia but I will be interested in those in China.  I had bought 2 parcels of LRL.  It was a technical error as I only wanted one parcel.  It is still down a little because I bought just before the recent down turn in the market.  The shale gas industry is bound to go further in China than in Australia where the NIMBY attitude and Greenies are winning the government response.

China is covered with a smog in most cities, so the government is trying hard to reduce reliance on coal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home