Club Mulgoa

Thursday, May 15, 2014

OSH

I have ignored most capital raisings recently.  In fact, most have fallen after issuing.

One stock, I chose to participate in full is OSH.  Not only is the SPP issue price cheaper and remained cheaper than the market price, it stayed up even after the offer closed.

Instantly, it was a >12% profit for just the SPP portion.  I have done well with OSH because I bought a long time ago in 2005 and 2006.  What is amazing is, in spite of reviewers after reviewers pointing to a successful LNG plant in PNG (joint venture with STO and Exxon) coming ahead of schedule without the burden of gross budget overrun, and the prospect of a nice dividend stream in the near future, the share price has not zoomed ahead.  This is one of my biggest share purchases in the last year.

On one portfolio, this is streaking ahead of the rest except for WPL.  Those WPL shares that I bought more than 10 years ago have done very well but WPL has been a laggard in the last 7 years.  Likewise, STO has been a laggard too.  Hopefully, the PNG venture will compensate for the poor performance of STO in the past.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home