Club Mulgoa

Thursday, June 25, 2015

AGR

When you read and understand the basis for investing in this stock, you cannot understand why the price kept slipping.  Brazil has to import most of its phosphate and potash requirement for its agricultural industry.  And when AGR's P and K discovery is in Brazil, you wonder why it is not taken over by the big boys.

Hence, I suffered a severe loss when I bought at nearly 60c per share.  It is now worth only 13c.  However, because I cannot believe how ridiculous the share price is, I topped up in 2013 and 2014 at 6.9c and 4.6c per share.  As AGR discovered more deposits, its share price has been rising and rising.

It is nice to know that logic and basic principles still apply to some equities.  With near triple the price I paid for in 2014, I have recouped my losses from the first purchase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

AGR is now over 20c a share so shares I bought a year ago at under 5c has gone up by 4 times. If I didn't top up, I would be nursing a significant loss.

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home