Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

SYD and FAR

FAR has made among the biggest discovery of oil in the last few years, yet the share price has tumbled rather than heading skyward.  The obvious reason is the falling price of oil.  I put a low price and collected a parcel a few days ago at 8.1c.

Meanwhile SYD continues to record increasing number of passengers coming through Kingsford-Smith Airport with more and more Chinese tourists flooding into Oz.  Well, the tourist industry would be moribund without them.  And in the meantime, with the fall in AUD, the Yankees are coming too!

SYD is in a monopoly business.  Based on my original purchase price, my dividend return annually is from >30% to >50%.  It also has the right to the first bite of the cherry at the second Sydney airport in Badgery Creek.  When the price fell back a little recently, I also caught a little top up to round up our holding.  From the perspective of my capital outlay, I have collected the premium I put in to purchase this stock.  This stock has been giving one of the best dividend returns in the ASX... not to mention its paper capital gains.  Great to have a great FEMALE CEO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home