Club Mulgoa

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Alpha

On a day when the market went down by 44 points to 5813, it is nice to stay in the black relative to yesterday's close.

There are 2 stocks I have to give credit to.  One is GGG, once a lame duck with a huge REE deposit in Greenland and the other is EDE.  When EDE does well, TAS gets pulled up too so it is 3 stocks altogether.

When a big Chinese producer of REE bought into this Greenland deposit, I topped up 3 times (2015 and 2016).  Those top-ups lowered my average buy price significantly.  Today with a jump in share price, I am truly into the black with this stock.  REE price is unlike gold where there is a market price.  It depends on what your customer wants to pay... and you have to deal directly AFTER you have found a customer.

I have no idea why EDE went up today... but I am not questioning!

I am in the positive in spite of significant fall in the price of oil and the ASX All Ords....

1 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Can't complain about not getting alpha these few days. I had collected a lot of alpha from predominantly EDE and TAS (both related to the same announcement).

There is another stock AVB that is quite remarkable. And without it, my loss of alpha these few days, due to correction in EDE and TAS would have been far worse! Before 2008, I had lots of mining stocks that went over 100% But it is rare these day. Had lots of negative 100% though when resource stocks tumbled!

AVB has done very well but I can't explain why... other than a growing gold resource. Other stocks also have grown their resource but their share price does not rise!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home