Club Mulgoa

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Cobalt ARL and AUZ.

Don't ask me the details but from my understanding of electric cars, it needs lithium, cobalt and graphene.  Of course, you need copper to conduct electricity.

Today, I took a plunge into cobalt.  The company with the biggest reserve of cobalt in the world is ARL and the company with the most advanced process is AUZ.  At the end of the day, one went lower and one went higher; net more than $500 in the black :-)  But that is only in one day. The next day, I could be a sucker!

Both stocks have already run up so I was a bit slow off the mark.  If tomorrow is favourable, I should sell stale stocks and buy cobalt stocks instead.  Already lithium stocks are running ahead.

I also topped up my AXE because of electric car...

5 Comments:

Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

AUZ went up by >60% and ARL went up by >5% since I bought. Pure luck!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

This PURE luck... PURE luck.

I bought AUZ on 17/10/17 and today 19/10/17, it has gone up by 100%. I don't remember any stock that I have bought rising so fast.

Personally, I think it still has a long way to go up. Another similar stock and less advance in its mining progress was worth more than 10 times before the rise. Because it was relatively way undervalued, and because cobalt is a future star (like lithium), I bought 2 new stocks on last Tuesday after selling off non-performers.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

No one listen to me so I am glad because I am not responsible for listeners' action!

Today AUZ received a speeding ticket warning from ASX. It is nearly 4x what I paid for a fortnight ago. Why did I buy? Because of its use in lithium battery and also because of comparative valuation...

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20171031/pdf/43nsbvk5l921c8.pdf

5:03 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

Graphite is also important. So with AXE pursuing both cobalt AND graphite, it is now going for a massive leap.

I topped up AXE at 5.7c on the same day I bought AUZ and ARL. Today AXE is 14.5c so my overall loss with AXE is being eroded. In the meantime, AUZ has jumped over 400% and ARL is up by 83%.

Greed often makes people think they should have bought more. But they forget that share prices can tumble too especially mining stocks. I am very happy with what I indulged in. A profit, big or small above inflation rate, is always better than losses.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Club Mulgoa said...

If not for cobalt, my loss today in the ASX would be far higher. ARL and AUZ went for a good run up today, making my net loss much smaller.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home