Club Mulgoa

Friday, October 16, 2020

ALK and ASM

I had incredible faith in ALK.  Looking back, I first purchased at around $1.15 in 2011 based on a tipster's recommendation.  And bought even more at around that price.  It continued to fall to under 20c in 2018 while I continued to buy at lower and lower prices.  It had lots of good announcements but the market had no confidence.  Am I the crazy one or the other investors?

And then in early 2019, it started to turn...  In 2020, I continued to buy on good announcements from ALK but the market still ignored it!  It then split into 2 stocks; one mostly gold and the other mostly REE.

I even bought more of ALK just before the split and topped up the REE stock as the parcel was not big.

Today, because I bought a lot of small top-ups in ALK, I am up around 3X while ASM is up >10X over its short existence as a separate entity.  My perpetual question is why is good announcement bad for share price of obscure stocks?  I hope that attitude persists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home