Club Mulgoa

Saturday, October 16, 2021

To retire or not?


I am not in the ASX for altruistic reasons... but I like to buy or sell legally and fairly in the open.  Time and effort are needed to monitor and decisions have to be made; these processes need to be profitable.  I am not greedy wanting more money... but I enjoy the thrill of an intellectual challenge against the fund managers (mostly) and other investors.  When I collect alpha, it is very satisfying mentally and great for wealth but I am not necessarily happier nor miserable if there are falls.  Nicer to make money practising my profession because I feel useful to the society but stock investment is easier, pays more and less stressful.  Still accountable (to wife) but much less accountable than in medicine.


When you get appreciative customers and you make a profit, you are satisfied because you deserve it.  But when you try
hard to appease the uncommon ungrateful customers who you have served well, it is very frustrating... even if they have
paid.  Imagine if they have made a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading, even if you are in the right, it eats up your time
and it also causes unwarranted stress.  I have to pay a lot of money for medical indemnity... to protect myself from these
rare people.  I pay NO insurance for my investment strategies and earn more now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home