Club Mulgoa

Monday, October 11, 2010

ASX performance

Strange but the market is down by more than 50 points. Where is the logic other than profit taking? DJI up, POG steady, and AUD down a little.

Good news for me; my own portfolios are actually up, courtesy of the expected good news from AVB. But what gives me great delight today is GTE and TRH, up with no news. I bought TRH and ELM when BHP put in a bid in for Potash Corp of Saskatchewan to capitalise on market sentiment towards potash. ELM (from 35c to $1.05c) is in trading halt but I don't know why. I hope it is not for raising money via a placement. TRH has finally gone for a run itself these 2 days and I am onto nearly 50% profit.

I have no idea why GTE has been going up and up. I already know its good prospect (close to SFR's tenement and a larger anomaly).

I must be a fluke! Even my TAS is up to 13.5c (the SPP from last month was at 10c). Unfortunately, I don't have spare cash at the moment as it is a good day to buy Mongolian stocks. I have budgeted some money for SPPs for SGY and KAR. However, I have closed my Morgan Stanley Smith Barney account and expecting some cash to come my way very soon :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home