Club Mulgoa

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mad Stocks

I call them "Mad Stocks" because they have been crazy. If I knew how they are going to rise, I would have put in a lot more money into them. There is no element of skill here, just luck as I had not anticipated this kind of rise when I bought them.

MMR (more recent hype about chances of finding gas), STB (just announced world's shallowest deposit of potash in Eritrea), SIH (found more gold in Indonesia), AVB (but it has been falling although still very high), PIR (West African gold miner), EKM (discover a new gold zone), GIR (whatever the reason), GTE (near SFR), AMX (more gold found), AZH (more gold found in Guyana), EXT (more and more uranium found in Namibia) and LYC (Japanese now interested in its REE).

Other than SPPs/Rights issues, I am very hesitant about buying more of these stocks. I did top up AZH recently when it gave a good announcement but the share price fell! And I topped up EKMO when the share price started falling for no good reason other than profit taking. Last time I topped up GIR was in June 2010 when it fell to $1.89.

Those are my Mad Stocks. I have a much longer list of stocks that went up by just over 100% in the last year and an even longer list that went up by >20% over the same period. I wish I got rid of my blue chips earlier! I am looking forward to BHP buyback to release some more cash. Nice to earn more paper money from stocks than giving gas! Why? Less responsibility and more sleep :-) And wife does not mind paper work as much when there is good profit! My surgeons don't have to worry about me quitting medicine... I love my nurses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home