Club Mulgoa

Monday, November 01, 2010

The Russians are coming!

I bought BKY a long time ago when uranium was the hottest thing in the market. So I have been nurturing a huge loss. But I never sold this one because it has a very promising mine in Spain. And today, it announced that a Russian company is interested in taking it over. So when the exchange is done, I will be in the green but not profitable. Still, it is better than a huge loss until recently. It is only a small parcel... but Australia is really selling itself cheaply on the world market.

But then Canadians will probably grumble more than me. BHP is buying Potash Corp for AUD$42 billion! The politicians are leading the fight on behalf of the Saskatchewan company. Yet, in truth, BHP is actually owned by Brits and Yanks... and so is Potash Corp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home