Club Mulgoa

Thursday, December 30, 2010

One sparrow

One sparrow may not herald the onset of spring. And while I have had a few sparrows, readers are right to ponder whether spring is here. The market has been mostly down a little each day or up a little. But having chosen the right stocks for the current period, I have been collecting alphas... courtesy of trading halt in MMR!

But because MMR is nearly capital-free other than the last $4500, I have not considered its value when I work out my alphas because it skews my performance (up or down). When its trading halt is lifted, I expect a 75% plunge. That is the nature of investing in explorers. You take a 'calculated risk' and you live with it and move on.

The less people buying the stocks I am interested in... the better for me. I don't think big institutions are at all interested in my subjects. Too piddly and not worthy of their time. But every now and then, a Ken Talbot appears and then the big boys start to pile in. Not everything Ken Talbot went into did well but it was nice to be ahead of his big money.

Never take investment advice from an anaesthetist. Follow any Ken Talbot look-alike. I prefer solid investors and their followers to be BEHIND me :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home