Club Mulgoa

Saturday, January 01, 2011

VOR

In the The Australian newspaper, under the Mining and Energy tab, there is a listing of the top gainers and losers for that day. Some stocks should not be included because at under 1c, a small change (minimum 0.1c movement) makes a big variations. You often see EXM and JRV on the list.

So I ended the year with VOR at the top of that list. When you look at the market performance, most investors have been hard done by. Those overpaid financial leeches in comfortable offices with a view of the harbour are probably the only ones doing well. They get paid handsomely come what may with bonuses to buy Ferraris and yachts. I am lucky that other than for SPP and Entitlements, I have hardly invested in the top 200. In fact, I have sold out of QBE, NAB, WOW and MQG. And a chunk of ORI. The boards of directors who run these companies have big fat pay cheques. And worse still, are highly regarded businessmen.

Yet this year, it is those geologists who are exploring in exotic and sometimes dangerous places with terrible working conditions who are making me money. And they get less pay than those sitting comfortably in offices in Australia. And those financial suckers are the people my readers are rewarding for their meagre performances.

If VOR comes out with good drilling results, then this will be another 10 bagger. It is high risk but what is high risk when it has already revealed some good results. I harped about Mongolia when this was under 2.3c, now over 5c within 4 months. Em... pay leeches or listen to gasman?

Want a little flutter? Try DEG... extremely high risk with nearology as its key feature in Argentina. Don't buy if you (or spouse!) cannot stomach the risk of big losses. I can tell my wife handles any losses badly (that is why she does not gamble).... but I have more gains now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home