Club Mulgoa

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Alpha

I have no problem with the value of my portfolios falling. But I have problem if the fall is greater or equal to average. Likewise, I don't enjoy rises when my rise is less than or equal to average.

When market falls quickly or rise quickly, my stocks are usually worse affected. So it has been tumbling badly over the last few days with thanks to the Libyan sadist and short term traders in stocks, commodities and oil/gas.

Today, I can report that my stocks fell a lot less, with thanks to AGO mainly. RDR announced a 58c SPP so its share price fell but that is "unreal" because you have to opportunity to top up at a cheaper price.

This arvo, my surgeon is away so I am going out to enjoy a nice bowl of ramen, with tempura soft-shelled crab. I have a recalcitrant nephew who does not want to join us even though I usually foot the bill. He received a barrage from me for owing money using his credit card. People love to be praised or flattered but not when you criticize them constructively... for their own benefit. Worse, he is angry with me for informing his mother and sisters! And telling them not to give him any accessible cash. Yeap, I am a bastard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home